Tuesday 31 March 2009

Look, a bandwagon, cool, all aboard...


I have to admit, the whole painting points idea is growing on me, so in the best traditions, I'm going to get involved. As listed here on Lone Pilgrim I'm going to try to keep track of what I have painted. I'm not the quickest, and I don't really have a score from last year as I wasn't even back in the hobby till the last few months, but the scoring will of course be something like this:

  • Infantry = 1 point
  • Terminators or Bikes = 2 points
  • Character or Dreadnought = 5 points
  • Vehicle = 10 points
  • Superheavy vehicle = 20 points

The models have to be up to a standard that I am happy to put them to one side with, so that will generally mean that they will get a set of base colours, washes, second layer of colour and at least one highlight.

For last year I have 9 points (which is one tau complete, one black reach terminator and 11 tau and 1 drone needing the second layer of colour and highlight so I'm awarding myself a half point for each). This year I don't have any points yet, but all I need to do is give my first GH unit a bit of a highlight and I'll have 10, so I'm pretty sure I can beat last years total ;)

I'll put a little counter on the right somewhere to keep track of it all once I get my first points. Perhaps this will result in a bit more forward progress on it all, and I might even get those highlights done and a few pics of that first unit up on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...