Monday 15 June 2009

Completely not 40K related

So, I've not really posted on here this week, but there's a very good reason for that. I've been in Australia installing a telescope in a school as part of a project I am involved in. It's AWESOME!


The telescope is huge, with a half-meter mirror, weighs in at about 100kg, and is probably the largest privately owned and operated telescope in Australia. I am really privileged to be a part of the project (can't give too many details away before the official opening) and it's been a very exciting few weeks for me. Next to the telescope is the "first light" picture, the first object photographed with the telescope: NGC104, also known as 47Tuc is a cluster of millions of stars in our galaxy.
Just thought some of you might be interested. In gaming and modeling terms I did bring some things with me but haven't had a chance to do anything with them, and will be getting back to posting some things at the end of this month or at the start of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...