Thursday 13 May 2010

Converting a Thunderwolf mount





This project, I hope will eventually become the thunderwolf mount for my Wolf Lord, or if not, then for an Iron Priest. I'm building it from a Chaos Juggernaut and so far the filing and positioning has taken me a couple of hours of work, only one of the legs is as on the original model. Theres still a lot of work to do, next stage is going to be re-constructing sections using green-stuff in the areas where it has been repositioned.


You can see that I've reduced the shoulders on the front legs, and have worked some re-positioning so that the body is not as upright at the front, gives it a lower, flatter back and a more forward lunging pose.  Below you can see the approximate final pose (held together with blue-tack).  Once I've finished the green-stuffing on this one I'll pose a rider to place on the back.


I'll keep some progress on this, keep an eye out for the lable thunderwolf, I'll also be posting up images of my new thunderwolves soon as I now have a full squad of 5.

4 comments:

  1. So far, so good! I like the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot and hope to see more pics of the model- any chance of delivering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conveniently enough I was planning on doing the final pinning on this guy tonight and mounting him to a base - then it'll be the simple task of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hillariuos! Lookung forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...