Wednesday 11 January 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions

So here are my resolutions for the upcoming year.  I'm trying not to be too ambitious in setting these so that I actually have a chance of achieving some of them, but as with the best laid plans and all that...
  • Post once per week minimum - don't post when I write, schedule posts to come up each Wednesday, only allowed to move forward if already have posts to fill in at least the next 4 weeks.
  • Painting Points - start keeping track of how much I've painted, will also review the previous year (maybe 2) for comparison (see below).
  • Space Wolf Achievements - see how many of these I collect in gaming.
  • Attend Blog Wars and at least one other tournament.
  • No more purchases until my remaining Necrons (Wraiths, Spyders, Destroyers) and Skaven (IoB boxset, Stormvermin, Bell) have been painted and I have sold my spares (Land Raider, Drop Pods, Valkyrie etc.).


I also currently have plans to build a generic marines force that will be counts-as for most forces so that in the future I can experiment with different codices, and also re-build my Space Wolves giving them the time and attention they deserve.  This ideally would be made predominately of the lovely new Forgeworld heresy-era armour marks, but that is very expensive so may have to be compromised on somewhat.  This isn't going into the resolutions however as I'm not 100% sure that I'll do it yet.



Painting Points

What is painting points?  Well the idea first originated with Lone Pilgrim over on his blog, a brother it appears sadly lost to the 40K blogosphere.  The basic premise is that you award yourself points for each model that you paint to see how you get on over the year, the bigger the model, the more points you can award yourself for finishing it.
  • 25mm base = 1 point
  • 40mm base, Cavalry or bikes = 2 points
  • 60mm base = 5 points
  • Vehicle = 10 points
  • If the model is a character or otherwise special (Necron Royal Court, Wolf Guard Squad Leader for example) then the points are doubled to represent the higher levels of detail required.

So I've looked through the archives of my blog and found that from previous years I have:
  • 2009:  20 Grey Hunters, 15 Blood Claws, 6 Long Fangs, 7 Terminators, Lone Wolf, Dreadnought, Wolf Guard Leader, Ragnar, Ulrik, Land Raider and 30 Guardsmen
      • 108 pts
  • 2010:  2 Rune Priests, 3 Wolf Guard pack leaders, 3 MotW, 7 Grey Hunters, 5 Thunderwolf riders (the mounts don't count), 3 Rhinos
      • 55 pts 
  • 2011:  40 Skaven, Packmaster, Engineer, Warlord, 2 Weapons Teams, 2 Rat Ogres, Thunderwolf, Iron Priest, 2 Cyberwolves, 10 Fenrisian Wolves, 5 Wulfen Scouts, 7 Grey Hunters, Terminator Wolf Lord, Rhino, 3 Long Fangs, Shadowseer, 47 Necron Warriors, Necron Lord, 6 Necron Destroyers, 10 Flayed Ones, Skaven Doomwheel, Annihilation Barge, Ghost Ark
      • 207 pts
Well the year just gone is a bit of a corker, although a lot of that has to do with both the Skaven and Necrons which are significantly easier models to paint than the Space Wolves so I've been able to production line them much more easily.  I just wonder what I'll achieve in the year coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...